Would you like to have access to the same legal expertise that the world’s top brands use to make their products and services stand out from the competition?
Well, now you can. This user-friendly guide gives an insight into all the legal aspects of branding, and provides an invaluable aid for any small to medium-sized business. Once you get to grips with the relevant issues, you’ll know how best to position your business for long-term success.
Even if you don’t aspire to be a brand, you’ll find this handbook indispensable in helping you sidestep all manner of common legal problems and pitfalls in business. You will discover:
- how to avoid infringing on the copyright, design and trade mark rights of others
- the most effective ways to use domain names and search engine optimisation
- why it’s important to ‘own’ names, logos, slogans, designs and innovations, and how to go about this
- how to retain the rights you need when engaging staff or outsourcing
- when to avoid making information public so you don’t lose valuable rights
- how to manage your reputation in the digital word-of-mouth environment of social media
Shireen Smith qualified as solicitor over 25 years ago, and is the founder of Azrights, a brand-centric Intellectual Property law firm. She is an expert in the field of trade marks, copyright and brand management, and writes extensively about the subject. Aside from her various blogs, Shireen’s work has been published in numerous journals and she has been a regular speaker at the British Library, LSE and conferences held by Central Law training.