Building on their well-received casebook, Trademarks and Unfair Competition: Law and Policy, the authors present Trade Dress and Design Law, the first student text to offer an integrated treatment of the forms of intellectual property protection available for trade dress and designs. This exceptional paperback may be used as the main text in an advanced course devoted to trade dress and designs, or may be used as a supplemental text for an advanced survey course or a variety of other intellectual property courses.
This addition to the exciting Elective Series offers an analysis and comparison of the protection of trade dress and designs under numerous intellectual property regimes, including:
- a detailed exploration of the protection of trade dress and designs under trademark and unfair competition laws
- thorough treatment of design patent law, an area that is neglected in most student texts on intellectual property
- exploration of the application of copyright protection to pictorial, graphic and sculptural works, architectural works, and works of visual art, among others
- coverage of sui generis design protection regimes
- integrated discussions of European and international sources