With the advent of the Internet, even small businesses now operate at a national level. While that’s great for commerce, it can also open up a hornet’s nest of trademark issues. Business owners and startups need to be careful not to infringe on other trademarks when selecting the name of their businesses, products, and services. And, they must be vigilant about protecting their trademarks from infringing use by others. Fortunately, there’s help.
Trademark provides a step-by-step guide on how to:
- choose a distinctive name that competitors can’t copy
- search for existing marks that might conflict with yours
- register a trademark with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- protect and maintain your trademark, and
- resolve trademark disputes swiftly and outside the courtroom.
This edition of Trademark provides the most current information on trademark statutes and case law, and the latest registration processes, including online registration. Plus, you’ll get a fully up-to-date glossary of trademark terms and FAQs on the most common trademark questions.